Friday, July 24, 2009

Really, You are Not On an Island!



"Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? To be out of your
sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground,
you're there! If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, you'd find me in a minute--you're already there waiting! Then I said to myself, 'Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I am immersed in the light!' It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you." (Psalm 139:7-12 Msg.).


The psalmist, through Gods revealed intent, makes it clear that we are never out of God's sight. Wherever we go, we cannot avoid His Spirit--whether it be "day" or "night".


Right now, at this very moment, wherever you are, whatever you are doing or thinking, God is right there with you. Is that a comforting thought? To me, it is. I know that whatever happens in my day, I am not walking the path alone. He is with me every step. In fact, Scripture makes it clear that, if I step aside, God lives through me throughout my day. As a good friend has said many times, "I am the glove--He is the hand inside."


But, how many times in your life have you felt as if you were on an island all by yourself? (Granted, in the short term, that concept my seem attractive given the stress and busyness that comes our way some days.) Sometimes, you feel that lonely feeling that you are facing life on this Earth all by your self. This feeling is a deception. The truth of the matter is that God is with you every step of the way. He promises "to never leave you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:8).


What great comfort that promise is! Whatever you are going through today--whether it is good or not so good--place your trust in the truth. The truth is--He is with you. And, He is completely trustworthy.



Thank you, Father, for your amazing promise that you will never
leave me alone. Whatever comes my way today, you know full well what your
plans are for me and that in all things you are drawing me closer to
you. I am content to be the glove. In your Son's
precious and glorious name, Amen!


Stay Strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment