Thursday, December 24, 2009

Energized by His Plan


This time of year can tend to add pressure to your schedule. Christmas events such as your kids' Christmas programs or "Holiday" parties are good examples. Add to these, the urgency to finish your shopping, wrap the gifts, bake your family's favorites treats, prepare and send the Christmas cards, and you name what else--and your schedule seems to be a bit fuller this year than what you remember in the past. Please, do not get me wrong--these are all wonderful things per se. But, are they taking your focus off of the true meaning of this time of celebration.

For me and my family, the true meaning is Christ's birth. Don't get me wrong--we do all sorts of the items noted above. But, my hope and my prayer is that we consciously are focused on not the stuff, but the person at the heart of all that we do.

At times, God, in His amazing, loving way, re-focuses your attention upon what He wants. Yesterday, my schedule was full. And, I had full intentions of trying to add just a bit more as my day went along. Needless to say, I added a bit of self-imposed pressure to "get things done." But, God had other plans. A large weather system of freezing fog and snow has come through our beautiful area. So, guess what I got done? Not much, and that is ok. I got home on-time to have a wonderful dinner with my family and to enjoy a wonderful night with them. Isn't it amazing how peaceful a change in plans can be!

So, this time of year take some time to just step back and enjoy the plan that God has for you! Be open to His leading, enjoy just being in His presence--allow Him to energize you by His plan. He loves you--just rest in Him.


Merry Christmas.


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment