Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ordinary People, doing Extraordinary Things

Often, God works through ordinary people who are available and have submitted their lives to Him. He takes the common work that we do and transforms it into something extraordinary. In our daily walk, you never know when God will use you to bring glory to Himself.

Let me challenge you with this question--in your life, where do you desire the spotlight to be focused? On the surface, for most of us, the answer is an easy one. We say, of course, on someone else other than me--God, others, etc. But when we truly tested and a choice needs to be made (that maybe no one else will know about), does our selfish, fleshly nature raise its ugly head. For me, it can.

But then I try to remember, whose I am. He has created me to do good works. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV). Works that He intended to bring glory to Himself, not me. That certainly does not mean I am worthless to God. It simply means that it is not about me. And that is truly freeing. None of us are the most important piece of God's puzzle, but each of us is significant and are necessary to what God wants to accomplish through each of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment